Originally this car was built from new as a race car (it was never a road car) and bought by Mr Mike Smith. He raced the car at Spa and the Nurburgring with a V8 engine and sequential gearbox fitted.
The car was then sold to Mr Mike Salmon and was raced in Britcar for a few seasons.
The V8 engine was then removed and a standard S54 (E46 M3) engine installed along with a 5 speed, manual gearbox. It was then sold to the current owner who has only used the car for track days since.
During his ownership all preparation and track support has been carried out by Geoff Steel Racing and with no expense spared. It has had 100% reliability at every track day it has attended, never once having a breakdown or failure.
It has a carbon fibre Flossman GTR body-kit developed with BMW racing for maximum aero downforce.
This car certainly draws a crowd with its stunning and intimidating stance and is always a hit when shared on social media.
- Candy Red inside and out
- BMW S54 engine with Schrick cams, circa 380bhp
- Typhoon ECU to aim dash with drive-by-wire throttle.
- 5 speed M3 gearbox with Tilton Sonic clutch and a hydraulic release bearing and rose joint quick shifter,
- Drexler Diff, ratio 4:44 CWP
- 18×10 wheels et11 with Dunlop slicks, inters and wets, 8x Compomotive, 4x Team Dynamics
- KW motorsport dampers, no rubber anywhere on the car, all rose jointed bespoke “Motorsport” wide track arms and all fully adjustable
- Engineering/suspension and GTR bodywork conversion by Torquespeed.
- AP Racing 6 pot front brakes, Brembo 4 pot rears
- Full stainless exhaust system-twin silencers to pass noise tests! Rear exit.
- Full Flossmanbodykit, spare front bumper and wings included.
- Full integral roll cage inc. turret strengthening, reinforced prop tunnel
- Radiator air cooling
- Plumbed extinguisher system
- Removable steering boss.
- Carbon fibre CSL style airbox.
- Front splitter
- Huge rear aero wing.
- Underfloor carbon rear diffuser
- Lightweight composite doors
- Lightweight composite bonnet with GTR style vents
- Lightweight composite boot lid.
- Plexiglass windows-hard coated, P4P formed, less than a year old
The ultimate “aero saloon” track car. Would suit many race series such as New Millenium, 750MC Club Enduro, Britcar, GT Cup, etc